Vocational Rehabilitation Transition Counselors
- Work with the student to discover their interests and life goals while discovering the student's strengths.
- Work with the student and local schools to coordinate, develop, and implement pre-employment transition services which include:
- Job Exploration
- Workplace Readiness training
- Work-based learning experiences
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in a comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational program at institutions of higher education
- Instruction in self-advocacy
- Work with the community to discover resources to support the student in their training and development needs.
- Work with identifiable resources necessary to help the student make a successful transition from high school to adult life.
4058 N. College Ave.
Fayetteville, AR 72703
Youth Leadership Forum
Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is an innovative and intensive leadership program for high school students with disabilities throughout Arkansas. With the implementation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), youth with disabilities have more opportunities to become contributing members and leaders in society. However, many challenges remain. YLF is designed to assist students with disabilities in developing leadership skills and using resources that can help them face such challenges and become full members of society. The Youth Leadership Forum (YLF) is held annually in Conway.
Opportunities for Work-Based Learning
The Work-Based Learning Opportunities Leading to Future Employment (WOLF), formerly OWL, and Working for Independence Now (WIN) programs offer students work-based learning o
View videos of the program produced by Joey Travolta's Inclusion Films.
Arkansas Film School
Each year, an opportunity is offered to high school juniors & seniors with disabilities to participate in a one-week in-person work-based learning environment for those interested in film and video production.
In the summer of 2021, Arkansas Film School 101 conducted a 6-day conference at Southern Arkansas University Tech in Camden. Film school participants stayed in the college dorms to experience life in a college setting. Students participated in small and large group discussions and attended workshops on such topics as how to make a podcast, how to become a YouTuber, and how to edit a short film. Students worked directly with the professor of Southern Arkansas University Tech’s Film & Video Production program.
In past years, participants had the opportunity to work in Northwest Arkansas with Inclusion Film Company. We are pleased to share with you some of the student’s public service announcements.
Virtual Career Competition Entries
In 2020, students submitted videos, podcasts, original art, and essays showing their future career choice and how they each plan to reach their goal.
Arkansas Career Development Center (ACDC)
The Arkansas Career Development Center (ACDC) Student Access and Support Services (SASS) connects students with services that provide educational access, support services, workplace readiness, college orientation, advising, and academic support.
ACDC also provides a peer mentoring program and certificate opportunities such as OSHA, ServSafe, PGS, and CPR.
Please view more of ACDC's offerings.