Student Grievance



If a student is dissatisfied with services being provided or decisions made regarding his/her program, he/she may ask for assistance through the grievance process.


Step 1

Grievance may be presented to Director of Counseling, Director of Vocational Education and Training or Director of Student Life, depending on the issue involved.

Step 2

If grievance is not resolved to the student’s satisfaction at the Department Level, the student may appeal to ACTI Administrator.

Step 3

If the grievance is not resolved to the student’s satisfaction at the Administration Level, the grievance can be appealed to the Commissioner of Arkansas Rehabilitation Services.

Disability Rights Center of Arkansas

At any time during the grievance process, the student has the right to present the grievance to the Disability Rights Center of Arkansas.  Through the Client Assistance Program, the center will provide advocacy services for the student.  The contact information for the center is as follows:

Disability Rights Center of Arkansas
1100 N. University, Suite 201
Little Rock, AR 72207

Ph: 800-482-1174

Disability Rights Arkansas Website

Council on Occupational Education

If all after all steps of the grievance process are complete, students may contact the Council on Occupational Education’s Commission for assistance with the complaint, if they feel it was not resolved adequately.  The contact information is as follows:

Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Rd.
Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350

Ph: (770) 396-3898

Toll-Free: 800-917-2081