LITTLE ROCK - Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson’s plan to reduce the size and redundancies of state government, taking effect July 1, 2019, will affect the administrative structure of the Department of Career Education (ARCareerEd). Services to clients will not be affected. Clients can expect to work with the same contacts, counselors, and case workers and will continue to receive the services they currently enjoy.
Although the services will stay the same, there will no longer be an agency called the Arkansas Department of Career Education. Arkansas Rehabilitation Services (ARS) and Adult Education (AE), currently ARCareerEd, will merge with the Division of Workforce Services (DWS) under the Department of Commerce. The following ARCareerED departments and offices will merge with other State Offices:
- The Department of Commerce will incorporate the Division of Office of Skills Development (OSD) and the Division of Workforce Services.
- The Department of Education will integrate the Division of Career & Technical Education (CTE).
- The Division of Higher Education will incorporate the office of the State Approving Agency for Veterans Training.
- The Arkansas Kidney Disease Commission (AKDC) will join with the Department of Health.
- The Department of Public Safety will include the Arkansas Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) as part of the Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Training.